SECURITY Permission to view or manage the ComStore
NAVIGATION ComStore tab
About the ComStore
Datto RMM makes many components and monitoring policies available to all partners. They can be found in an online repository called ComStore, which can be accessed by clicking on the ComStore tab.
Components are as diverse as application installers, third-party integrations, scripts, or even device monitors, while Monitoring policies offer best practices to monitor the most common platforms and applications, such as Exchange, SQL and IIS.
Components in the ComStore are grouped into the following categories:
- Applications - The Applications category contains programs such as web browsers and browser plug-ins, Adobe products, Flash players etc., ready to be pushed out to as many endpoints as required.
- Integrations - Integrations enable Datto RMM to connect to PSA platforms, such as Autotask PSA.
- Device Monitors - Device monitors allow you to monitor the state of your devices, e.g. backup, services, processes, antivirus, and more.
- Extensions - Extensions provide additional functionality, such as Mobile Device Management or Splashtop Remote Screen Sharing.
- Scripts - This area contains scripts for activities, such as installing uVNC mirror drivers, clearing the print spooler, rebooting the system, and various other useful tools.
To make a component available to yourself or other users in your company, you must first download it from the ComStore. All downloaded components are added to your Component Library that can be accessed by clicking on the Components tab. From there, you can deploy the components to your endpoints.
NOTE PowerShell components within the ComStore do not support language modes other than the default FullLanguage mode. Should other modes be in effect (for example, ConstrainedLanguage or RestrictedLanguage), components may need to be copied and altered in order to support these modes. For more information about PowerShell language modes, refer to About Language Modes.
Downloader-type components run by performing a series of checks on the endpoint and then downloading the latest version of the installer for the program on the fly via the script (whereas normal components attach the installer and execute it directly). If you use a downloader-type component, make sure to whitelist the relevant download URL. For more information, refer to ComStore component and Software Management URLs.
- Click the ComStore tab.
- Enter a name or part of a name into the Search ComStore field and click the button.
- All matches will be displayed with version and component category information. If you have already downloaded a component, the status will be displayed as Added.
NOTE The title of a component will indicate the operating system in square brackets, e.g. [WIN].
- To display all of the ComStore components, click the ComStore tab and click the Search ComStore button without entering anything in the search field. This will list every available component in alphabetical order on a single page.
- Search for your component. Refer to Search for a component.
- Click the component icon. A new window will open, with a description of the component.
- A message will confirm that the component was downloaded successfully.
- Click the ComStore tab and click Monitoring Policies in the left navigation pane, or hover over the ComStore tab and select Policies.
- A list of all Monitoring policies created by Datto RMM will be displayed.
- You can use the Search field to find a policy. As you type, the search results are narrowed to match your search string.
- Once you have found the Monitoring policy that you would like to add to your account, click the Add to Account Policies button.
- The New Monitoring Policy page will open where you can modify the Targets and Monitors before saving the policy. For more details on how to edit the policy, refer to Create a Monitoring policy.
NOTE The ComStore Monitoring policies offer best practices to monitor your devices. They serve only as guidelines and may require modification depending on device configuration. For example, in the case of network best practice Monitoring policies, ensure that you are querying the correct SNMP OIDs of your devices by viewing and editing the policy's SNMP monitors as necessary. For detailed information and guidelines, refer to Best practices for Monitoring policies.
Components available in the ComStore are regularly updated. To stay current with the changes, be notified of new components, and be able to provide better management of third-party software, you can opt into a Component Update Digest email notification that is sent to your mailbox once every week (there is no "set time" for the emails).
The email will list:
- Available updates for the components you already downloaded to your Component Library
- New components that have been added to the ComStore
NOTE The Component Update Digest is simply a summary of the updates made available since the last notification email, and it does not take into account whether you have already updated/downloaded the component(s) in question.
For information on how to opt into or out of the Component Update Digest notification, refer to the Email Recipients section of Account Settings.
NOTE To opt out of the digest, you can also click on the unsubscribe link in the email notification, and you will be directed to the Account Settings page.
To update your components:
- If an update is available for a component, you can view it by clicking on Check for Updates on the left-hand side of the ComStore page.
- Click Update All to download all available updates, or click Get Update to update an individual component.
A Software Management policy allows you to configure third-party software application updates and define when those updates should be installed. For more information, refer to Create a Software Management policy.
You can download iOS apps from the App Store by clicking on the green plus icon next to Add iOS app. For further information, refer to Download iOS apps.
If you have any suggestions regarding the ComStore, use the Feedback section.
- Click the Comments or Requests? hyperlink.
- Add a Subject and your Message.
- Click Send.