In Datto RMM, a site allows you to organize your endpoints in a way that fits your business requirements.
A site lets you group devices together. You can define sites in the way that suits you best. If you are a Managed Service Provider, a site might mean a customer. If you are supporting one large IT organization and your devices are spread out over a number of locations, a site may be an office department or a location. Whatever your situation, you can set up your sites as per your preference.
Note that a device can only belong to one site, but it can be moved between sites as required.
When you register your Datto RMM account, two sites are created for you by default: a Managed and an OnDemand site. The two types of sites differ in functionality:
- Devices added to your Managed site will have a Managed Agent installed and will be able to access all Datto RMM features.
- Devices added to your OnDemand site will have an OnDemand Agent installed and will have limited access in Datto RMM.
To learn more about the differences, refer to Key differences between Managed and OnDemand Agents.
In the Web Portal, Managed sites do not have any icon next to their names by default. However, depending on the integrations configured for your account, an icon may be displayed next to your sites. For further information, refer to our integration topics: Third party integrations.
To learn about the Agent status icons in your system tray or menu bar, refer to Agent icons.
More information about sites
Organize Your Devices for Easy Viewing
Learn how to organize your devices with the help of sites, filters, and groups.
- To find out how to add a new site to your account, refer to Add a site.
- To find out how to access details about an individual site or perform actions for multiple sites, refer to Site lists.
- For an overview of the Site Summary page, refer to Site Summary.
- For information on how to configure settings for a site, refer to Site Settings.
- To find out how to create site groups and add sites to them, refer to Create Site Groups.
|Need to troubleshoot this? Open the Datto Knowledge Base.|
|Want to talk about it? Head on over to our Community Forum!|
|Forward this topic to others.|
|Provide feedback for the Documentation team.|