SECURITY Refer to JOBS, ACCOUNT > Monitor, and SITES > Monitor in Security Level Details - Permissions
NAVIGATION Site lists > select one or more sites > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Device lists > select one or more devices > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Device Summary > Actions > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Device Audit > Actions > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Account > Monitor > Monitor Alerts radio button > select one or more alerts > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Sites > select a site > Monitor > select one or more alerts > Run a quick job
About quick jobs
A quick job allows you to immediately deploy one component without having to schedule the job. Quick jobs always run in the LocalSystem Account, but it is possible to force the execution of a script to run in the context of the local logged on user by opting to a Scheduled Job and using the Advanced Options > Execution section. Refer to Execution.
Similar to scheduled jobs, quick jobs can be run against individual devices, sites, filters or groups. In the New UI BETA, all components of the categories Applications and Scripts are available for quick jobs. However, in the current UI, components must be marked as favorites to be available for quick jobs. Refer to Make a component available for quick jobs.
- Click the Components tab.
- Click the Toggle favorite icon next to the component you wish to make available for quick jobs.
NOTE This functionality is only available for components of the categories Applications and Scripts.
- The star changes to yellow to show it is now a favorite available for quick jobs.
- Navigate to any site, device, or alert list indicated above, and select one or more sites, devices, or alerts.
- Click the Run a quick job icon in the Actions bar or hover over the Actions button and select Run a quick job.
A window with all components available for quick jobs opens.
NOTE For a component to appear in this list, it needs to be marked as a favorite. For more information, refer to Make a component available for quick jobs.
NOTE If the component has variables, you can configure them once the component is selected.
- To find the component more easily, you can:
- Search - As you type, the search results are narrowed to match your search string.
- Select a group - Click to select a component group to only display components of that group. For information on component groups, refer to Manage component groups.
NOTE The selected component group will only display components that are marked as favorites.
- You can clear the Follow to jobs list page on submit check box. By default, it is selected to direct you to the Active Jobs page once the quick job is saved.
- Click Save.
Quick Jobs are first added to the Jobs > Active Jobs page with the name Quick job running [component name] on device [hostname]. Once a job has run, it will be listed on the Jobs > Completed Jobs page. For more information, refer to Active and completed jobs.
IMPORTANT A job can only be edited, deleted, or retired by an Administrator or a user with the same security level as the one that was used when the job was created. For example, if a job was created by a user with Administrator security level, non-Administrator users will be unable to edit, delete, or retire that job.
Active and completed jobs can be edited or deleted on the Jobs > Active Jobs or Jobs > Completed Jobs page, respectively. For more information, refer to Active and completed jobs.
To speed up the deployment process and minimize the bandwidth needed to distribute components to devices in the same site, we recommend that you use a local component cache. For further information, refer to Designate a local cache.