SECURITY Web Remote must be turned ON in Security Level Details - Remote Control Tools.
NAVIGATION Sites > select a Site > Devices > select a Device > Remote Actions > Web Remote
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > navigate to a device via Dashboards, Devices, or Sites > Web Remote action button
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > Devices > All > Web Remote action button
Web Remote BETA is Datto RMM's new browser-based HTML5 remote control technology. It features faster connection times and is available as a remote action for online servers, laptops, and desktops.
IMPORTANT A Web Remote session can be initiated from any device (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android) so long as the device has a modern browser; an Agent is not required. However, only Windows and macOS devices with an Agent installed can be controlled via a Web Remote session. In addition, in order for Web Remote to function properly on macOS devices running Mojave or Catalina, the following settings under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy must have AEM Agent.app listed and checked:
• Full Disk Access
• Files and Folders
Simultaneous connections from multiple users is supported for both Windows and macOS devices. Web Remote BETA can be accessed from the Remote Actions section in the current UI or from the new Device Summary page and the new Devices page in the New UI BETA. Refer to Remote Actions.
NOTE We are currently exploring new technology to make Web Remote even faster. Add the following at the end of the URL once you have connected to a device (Windows only) via Web Remote and then refresh the page:
Please submit any feedback you may have by clicking the Send Feedback button.
- Navigate to Sites > select a site > Devices.
- Hover over the context menu icon next to the device you wish to connect to.
- Under the Remote Actions menu, click Web Remote.
- Observe that a new browser tab opens and the Connecting screen displays. The connection time will show the time it took to connect to the remote device.
- Once the connection has been established, the browser tab will display the name of the remote device you are connected to, and you will see the following areas on the screen:
- Remote device screen pane: The pane on the left displays the screen of the remote device you are connected to.
- Toolbar pane: The pane on the right displays information about the connected device as well as the remote actions available and is open by default. Clicking > at the bottom of the pane will hide the toolbar. Clicking < will re-open the toolbar.
NOTE If Privacy Mode is set on the remote device, the end user will need to accept the connection request first in order for you to connect to their device. The connection time is measured from when the user accepted the connection request. Refer to Privacy Mode.
NOTE While the connection is in progress, a message will be displayed to the end user that a remote takeover is currently in progress. If Privacy Mode is set on the remote device, this message will only appear to the end user once they have accepted the connection request. Refer to Privacy Mode.
NOTE If the Privacy Mode request message does not display (macOS only), check that the System Events check box is selected under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > AEM Agent.
For more details about each of the toolbar sections, refer to the table below.
|Performance||The following performance graphs are displayed:
• CPU (Used %)
• Memory (Used %)
• Disk: Write and read values measured in megabytes per second
• Network: Receive and send values measured in megabits per second
|Rate Session||Select a rating for the quality of the Web Remote session from 1-5 stars. Once you have entered your rating, add a comment (optional), select the Use my location toggle button if you wish to include your geolocation data, and then click the Rate Current Session button. A confirmation message will be displayed once you have submitted your rating, and this section will disappear from the toolbar.|
|Display||• Fit Screen: Fits the remote device screen to the screen of your device. Windows devices that have multiple monitors are supported.
• Original Size: View the actual size of the remote device screen.
The following options appear if the device you are connecting to has multiple monitors (Windows devices only):
|Keyboard||• On-Screen: Opens the on-screen keyboard on the remote device.
• Send clipboard as keystrokes: Allows you to send text copied from your device to the remote device.
IMPORTANT The text must be ASCII-only and less than 100 characters, and your browser must support the Clipboard API in order for this command to become available (not grayed out).
Configure clipboard settings in Google Chrome (recommended):
Configure clipboard settings in Firefox:
|Quick Launch||Launch the following applications on the remote device (Windows devices only):
• Control Panel
• System Information
• Problem History
• Event Viewer
• Computer Management
• Command Prompt
• Registry Editor
• Task Manager
• System Restore
Launch the following applications on the remote device (macOS devices only):
|File Transfer||Allows you to download files from the remote device and upload files to the remote device (Windows and macOS devices). Choose where to download the file to your device. Uploaded files appear on the Desktop of the remote device. Any operations under Quick Launch, File Transfer, and Reboot are temporarily disabled when a file upload or download is being performed.|
|Reboot||Allows you to reboot the remote device and reconnect to the device once the reboot is complete. Select Reboot (macOS devices) or Normal Reboot (Windows devices) to reboot in normal mode, or Safe Reboot to reboot in Safe Mode (Windows devices only).|
|Connection||The following connection quality graphs are displayed:
• Latency: Measured in milliseconds
• Inbound Traffic Instructions: Measured in instructions per second
• Inbound Traffic Data: Measured in kilobytes per second
To close the connection to a device, close the device's browser tab. The connection to the remote device will be terminated.
NOTE The connection is automatically terminated after 30 minutes if there is no activity detected in the device's browser tab. Warning notifications are displayed after 10, 20, and 29 minutes if there is no activity detected.