Quick jobs - New UI BETA
SECURITY Refer to JOBS, ACCOUNT > Monitor, and SITES > Monitor in Security Level Details - Permissions
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > Site Summary > select one or more devices > Quick Job. To learn how to access the Site Summary page, refer to Site Summary - New UI BETA.
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > Devices > select one or more devices > Quick Job. To learn how to access the Devices page, refer to Devices - New UI BETA.
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > Device Summary > Quick Job. To learn how to access the Device Summary page, refer to Device Summary - New UI BETA.
NAVIGATION New UI BETA > Single Alert View > Quick Job. To learn how to access the Single Alert View page, refer to Single Alert View - New UI BETA.
About quick jobs
A quick job allows you to immediately deploy a component without having to create and schedule the job. Quick jobs always run in the LocalSystem Account, but it is possible to force the execution of a script to run in the context of the local user by instead creating a scheduled job and selecting the Run as a logged in user option within the Execution section. Refer to Execution.
Similar to scheduled jobs, quick jobs can be run against individual devices, sites, filters, or groups.
NOTE All components of the categories Applications and Scripts are available for jobs. Refer to Component categories.
- Choose any of the navigation paths indicated above and click Quick Job. The page will display a list of components.
- Select a component group in the Filter by group section to only display components of that group. For information on component groups, refer to Manage component groups.
- Alternatively, you can keep the No Filter selection in the Filter by Group section. This will display all components available for quick jobs.
- Select or search for a component from the Component section. The search results will be narrowed as you type.
- Once the component is selected, you'll see its description (if available). If the component has variables, you can configure them at this point.
- Click Run. A dialog box will confirm that the job has been created successfully.
Jobs and their statues can be viewed from the Jobs Overview page. Refer to Jobs overview - New UI BETA. They are also displayed in the Activities card on the Device Summary page. Refer to Activities.
Click a hyperlinked job name to be directed to the Job Details page. Refer to Job details - New UI BETA.