Datto RMM allows you to manage your own and other users' passwords in a few easy steps.
Make sure to create a strong password that meets the below requirements:
- At least 8 characters long
- Contains at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter
- Contains at least one digit
- Contains at least one of the following special characters: * @ # $ ! £ %
The text in the password entry box will be displayed in red if it does not meet the strong password requirements. Once the password meets all the requirements, its color will change to black.
Datto RMM login page
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Open your platform's direct login page. Refer to Datto RMM platforms.
- Click I forgot my details.
- Enter your username, if you remember it, and email address to begin the password reset process. If you can't remember your username, enter your email address and click Send me my details.
- If you entered your username in step 3, skip steps 5-7 and go to step 8.
- If you didn't enter a username in step 3, you will receive an email with a list of usernames that are associated with this email address.
- Click Log in here, and in the new window, enter one of the usernames.
- Click I forgot my details again.
- A password reset link will be generated and emailed to your email address. Click the link in the email.
The password reset link automatically expires an hour after receiving it.
- Create a new password, confirm it, and click on Change Password. Make sure that your new password meets the strong password requirements - refer to Strong password requirements.
- Once the password has been changed successfully, log in with your new password.
Permission to manage the Setup → My Info section.
Setup → My Info → Security Settings
The correct permission to access the Setup → My Info section can be set up in Setup → Security Levels. For further information, refer to Security levels.
In case you remember your current password but would like to change it:
- Click on the Setup tab.
- Click on the My Info tab.
- Scroll down to Security Settings and click Change Password.
- Type in your current password.
- Type in your new password and confirm it. Make sure that your new password meets the strong password requirements - refer to Strong password requirements.
- Click Change.
Setup → Users → User Details
In case you need to change another user's password:
- Click on the Setup tab.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on the username you wish to edit.
- On the User Details page, type in the new password in the Password field. Make sure that your new password meets the strong password requirements - refer to Strong password requirements. You may also generate a random password.
- Click Save.
- Confirm the password change in the pop-up window by clicking on OK or click Cancel to discard the change.
Make sure to provide the user with the new password as it's not going to be emailed to them automatically.
|Need to troubleshoot this? Open the Datto Knowledge Base.|
|Want to talk about it? Head on over to our Community Forum!|
|Forward this topic to others.|
|Provide feedback for the Documentation team.|