Setup > Account Settings
Splashtop is a leading screen share application that provides fast and smooth remote connection to computers from various devices.
The Splashtop Integration allows Datto RMM customers to remotely access computers using Splashtop technology. Splashtop deployment works by utilizing a server and a viewer application, or in Splashtop terms, a Streamer for the remote side and a Client for the viewing side.
The Splashtop Integration offers the following benefits:
- Windows and macOS support - Refer to Remote Actions (Web Portal) and Remote takeover tools (Agent Browser).
- Retina display support - The use of Splashtop gives remote takeover ability to retina display devices, as well as the ability to take over macOS devices unattended.
- Multiple user (Terminal Server) support and multiple monitor support
- Two concurrent connections to a single device
- Ability to enable blank screen remotely
- Remote keyboard and mouse locking
- Copy/paste clipboard on Windows devices at login screen
- Secure connection - All ports are routed through our secure tunnel servers when the connection is initiated from a Datto RMM Agent.
- Windows - 188.8.131.52
- macOS - 184.108.40.206
In order to enable Splashtop in your account, you first need to download the Splashtop component.
- Click the ComStore tab.
- Search for and select Splashtop Remote Screen Sharing.
- Click Add to my Component Library to add it to your account.
The Splashtop installer, i.e. the Splashtop Streamer makes it possible to remotely view a device. You can choose to automatically push out the Streamer to devices on a per site basis, all devices, or only those devices that you select by clicking on the Splashtop icon in the Agent Browser.
If you already have an account with Splashtop, installing the Splashtop Streamer through Datto RMM will remove your ability to configure your Splashtop Business Account credentials from within the Splashtop Streamer menu. If you would like to be able to configure your credentials from within the settings, we recommend that you use the installer provided by Splashtop or use a component to install the Streamer. However, when using this login method, data will not be tunneled through our secure connection and is therefore not supported by Datto RMM.
When the Splashtop Streamer is installed, its icon is hidden on the device by default.
To install the Streamer automatically to all devices in the account:
- Navigate to Setup > Account Settings.
- Scroll down to Splashtop Settings and turn on Enable automatic installation of Splashtop Streamer.
Once enabled, all supported devices in all the sites will automatically install the Splashtop Streamer once the Agent connects to the platform, or the Agent service is restarted. This means that if the device is online at the point of enabling the automatic installation option, the Agent service must be restarted either manually or by rebooting the device for the Streamer to be installed. If the device is offline, the Splashtop Streamer will be installed as soon as the Agent connects to the platform.
Alternatively, there is an option to enable the Streamer for specific sites.
- Once you have turned on Enable automatic installation of Splashtop Streamer, all your sites will be selected by default under the Auto-install Splashtop for selected sites radio button.
- Select the sites you wish to exclude and click on the Exclude or Exclude all button.
If you do not enable the Splashtop Streamer to be deployed in this method, clicking the Splashtop icon when connected to a device in the Agent Browser will install the Streamer on the device. It may take a few moments for it to install when connecting for the first time.
Installation of the Client is automatic on each device upon the first time a connection of this type is initiated.
The Client and Streamer will automatically be updated in the same way Agents are updated when updates become available.
You can uninstall the Splashtop Streamer from Windows and macOS devices using the Splashtop Uninstaller component from the ComStore. For information on how to download it, refer to Download a component.
- Navigate to a device you wish to connect to.
- If you are on a device list page, hover over the context menu next to the device, and then hover over Remote Actions.
If you are on the device summary page, hover over the Remote Actions button.
- Select the Splashtop icon to initiate a connection to the device. Refer to Remote Actions.
When the Splashtop session is initiated from a macOS device, and the remote endpoint does not have the Splashtop Client installed, the initiating device's Agent will install it on the endpoint. A pop-up window will prompt the initiating device's user to allow this action.
- Log in to the Agent Browser.
- Search for the device. Refer to Search.
- Connect to device so the device shows in the connected devices area. Refer to Connect to a device.
- Once connected, locate the Splashtop icon and click connect. Refer to Remote takeover tools.
Once the Splashtop window is open, the following toolbar functions become available:
Provide remote access to your end users
Once you have configured the Splashtop Integration, you can connect to the devices you manage in Datto RMM using Splashtop. In some cases, however, your end users may want remote access capability, too. To learn how to grant remote access and control permissions to your end users, refer to this Splashtop Support article.
|Need to troubleshoot this? Open the Datto Knowledge Base.|
|Want to talk about it? Head on over to our Community Forum!|
|Forward this topic to others.|
|Provide feedback for the Documentation team.|