Help > Support Access
You can now allow a Support representative to log in to your Datto RMM account directly.
It is recommended for you to have Administrator security level. Otherwise, the Support representative will be limited to your security level and access and may not be able to access everything in your account.
Perform the following steps to enable access:
- Log in to the platform and select Help > Support Access.
- At the Enable Support Access field, click ON to enable access.
- At the Support Access Expires field, use the drop-down lists to set a date of expiry for the access. The default period is one week from the current date.
- Refresh the page. You will see the following text added to the top of the page, right under your username and security level: Support Access Enabled. It will be displayed in your account until the Support Access expires or is turned off.
In order for a Support representative to access your account, you will need to provide them with the following information:
- Your username, which can be found under Setup > My Info > Username.
- Your Account ID, which can be found in parentheses after your account name under Setup > My Info > Account Name.
When a Support representative logs in to work on your account, entries detailing their work will be recorded in your activity log. The actions will be listed under your username but the Parameters column will display the Support representative's email address. Refer to User activity.
You can turn off Support Access by clicking Disable next to Support Access Enabled at the top of any page in your account (right under your username and security level) or by navigating to Help > Support Access and toggling Enable Support Access to OFF.
|Need to troubleshoot this? Open the Datto Knowledge Base.|
|Want to talk about it? Head on over to our Community Forum!|
|Forward this topic to others.|
|Provide feedback for the Documentation team.|